We teach students of all ages and at any level, offering private instruction and group performance opportunities.
Not sure what you want to do? Schedule a free consultation or try a free trial lesson!
Please feel free to contact us if you are interested in lessons. We’d love to find out more about your musical goals and match you up with the right teacher!
Classical and popular styles for:
- Fiddle: Emphasis on learning traditional dance tunes by ear and working on style/improvisation.
- Violin: Learn by reading or by ear, depending on your skills and goals. Learn solos, get help with your school music, play exercises to develop your technique, or tell your teacher what your goals are and get help with them.
- Viola: Same approaches as violin, but tailored to fit the viola.
- Meet our Fiddle, Violin, and Viola teachers.
- Cello: Learn by reading or by ear, depending on your skills and goals. Learn solos, work on improvising and reading chord changes, get help with your school music, play exercises to develop your technique, or tell your teacher what your goals are and get help with them.
- Double bass (also called upright bass, or string bass): Learn by reading or by ear, play melodically, read chord changes and play backup parts, all while developing your technique.
- Meet our Cello and Bass teachers.
- Banjo: clawhammer (frailing) or bluegrass (3-finger) style. Meet our banjo teachers.
- Guitar: acoustic or electric in various rhythm and lead styles, including flat-picking, finger-styles, jazz, and classical guitar.
- Mandolin: flatpicking & chording in various styles.
- Pedal steel guitar: that haunting and soaring sound often heard in country music
- Ukulele: various styles.
- Meet our guitar, mandolin, and ukulele teachers
- Bass guitar: acoustic or electric. Learn by reading or by ear, play melodically, read chord changes and play backup parts. Meet our bass teacher.
- Piano: classical, jazz, popular; note-reading or improvisation.
- Meet our keyboard teachers
- Saxophone: technique, reading, improvisation.
- Meet our sax teacher
- Drum set (also called trap set)
- Hand percussion
- Meet our drum teacher.
Other instruments: For lessons on other reeds and brass instruments we recommend BBL Banks Bridgewater Lewis Fine Arts Academy
If there’s another instrument your dream of playing that’s not listed here please ask. We’ll help you find a teacher if we can!
Styles we teach:
Our staff members have diverse backgrounds, giving you access to information on playing in lots of different styles, including:
- Classical: violin family and guitar, orchestra, Suzuki lessons, baroque performance practice, chamber music
- Rock: classic, metal, all the cool stuff
- Jazz: various styles
- Folk: old-time, bluegrass, folk rock
- Ethnic: Cajun, klezmer, tango, Irish, French-Canadian, Italian, and more!