- Individual lessons are arranged by mutual convenience between teacher and student. Most people take one individual lesson per week.
- We offer 30, 45, and 60 minute individual lessons; your teacher can help you decide the right length lesson for you.
- If you’d like to sign up for lessons or get in touch with a teacher, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 217.384.5150.
- For information about group class and ensemble scheduling please refer to the specific page for that class.
Cancellations, Absences, Make-Up Lessons, and Extra Lessons:
- You will be billed for all lessons cancelled with less than 48 hours written notice to the teacher.
- You will not be billed for lessons that your instructor cancels.
- Students are allowed up to two excused absences per semester.
- Excused absences are cancelled with at least 48 hours notice.
- You will not be billed for an excused absence.
- Excessive absences may be billed, even if advance notice is given. There is a limit of two excused absences per semester because additional absences make it difficult for our teachers to make their living and use their time to serve the most students.
- If travel, long illness, or extenuating circumstances make it temporarily impossible to attend lessons regularly please discuss this with your teacher, who may make an exception to this policy.
- If you miss a lesson you have the option to schedule a makeup lesson with your teacher, or with another C4A teacher. Makeup lessons are billed like regular lessons.
- You are always free to schedule extra lessons with your teacher or with another C4A teacher. Extra lessons are billed like regular lessons.
- If public schools are closed due to inclement weather or other emergency situations C4A teachers have the option to hold their lessons or classes if they deem conditions safe.
- Your teacher will contact you directly and tell you if lessons will be held that day.
- If your teacher opts to give lessons on a day schools are closed for extreme conditions but you do not feel that it is safe for you to travel from your location to C4A, you should contact your teacher individually to let him or her know you will not be attending the lesson that day. You will not be billed for the missed lesson.
Lesson Fees: please view our list of fees and payment options here
Financial Aid: The C4A Scholarship Policy is discussed here.