We have recently made a commitment to stay in our current location for the next 10 years, so we want to make a few changes to get things just right for our needs.
Phase 1 (Complete): Remodel front room accessible at 202 W Main to create space that can double as an ensemble rehearsal room and performance venue.
- Remove counters.
- Replace worn out carpet with hardwood floors.
- Repaint walls
- Install new awning and window decals
One great thing about this room is that we share space with Corson Music so people can still get accessories and instrument rentals on site!
More steps we have completed:
- We have upgraded our office with shelving, a newer computer, and a better printer/copier.
- We will have a piano or high-quality keyboard in every studio by the end of December 2016!
Next Phases: (pending funding)
- We would like to remodel our waiting areas to make them more comfortable for our students and create a more welcoming atmosphere in our communal gathering places.
- We would like to reconfigure and upgrade our studios so that they are comfortable for our teachers and students and have the most flexible usage. Some need to be refurnished, have shelving added, or be repainted.
- We would like to re-carpet throughout the building.
- We are considering better storage options.
- We would like to get our upstairs library better organized to make our growing collection of resources more accessible.